There are over 5 Billion users with cell phone. Not all of those cell phones are smart phones but that trend is increasing. According to an estimate* by 2015, 780 Million people will use mobile only devices (that means no desktop or laptop). Mobile usage is increasing even if it’s coupled with laptop or desktop. This is an interesting opportunity for small business owners; if they are mobile ready.
The big question is when it comes to become a mobile ready business; what’s should business owner choose? a mobile app or mobile website. Fortunately, answer is BOTH!
Based on a survey to 500 small business owners; 81% of business owners said that both mobile app and mobile website are important!
Mobile website versus mobile app:
• Value. 61% said an app provided a better return on investment.
• Customer preference. 81% said customers preferred the app to the mobile website.
• New customer generation. 75% said app was better for customer generation.
• Repeat business. 86% said app was better for creating repeat customers.
• Usage. 61% said app was used more often.
The app pretty clearly has the edge in the opinion of most small business owners. But that doesn’t mean that apps are right for every small business. Infographic below explains what each platform’s unique benefits are and lots of other valuable information for a small business who is “going mobile.”